Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wagner Farm

Today we visited the Wagner Farm in Glenview.  I thought there would be more animals to pet, but I guess since it's a working farm, the animals aren't pets.  Or to be petted as I heard the docent tell one of the three school groups that were there.


will Josh even know what a typewriters is?  by the time he's my age, will we even have computers with keyboards?



milking the fake cow, since again, you can't touch the animals

Chickens and hens and roosters.  Even I'm not sure what's the difference.  We did hear a clucking and a "cock-a-doodle-doo".  I think Josh made the appropriate connection.

These sheep were very aggressive...they saw Josh and came over quickly, probably thinking he had yummy food for them.  I told him to stand back, I didn't want them biting him.

Baby pigs.  When I asked Josh about this picture later, he said night-night.  Yes, they were sleeping.  They looked like they were in a milk induced sleep.

Finally, the requisite Josh on a tractor.  note the million dollar houses in the background.  this farm is not really that far out there.

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF