Friday, September 9, 2011

Train downtown

Since Josh has been so interested in trains (Thomas, the tracks that take Daddy to work, etc) I thought I would take on the adventure of taking Josh downtown on the train.  I had had thoughts of doing this earlier this summer, but other things kept getting in the way.  I finally decided we were going to go on this day.
We got some breakfast and headed over to the train station to wait.

Yes, I brought that humongous stroller with us.  It wasn't until I was trying to get it on the train that I realized an umbrella stroller would have been a better choice.  Even though we waited at the handicap accessible sign...I wonder how people in wheelchairs get on the train.  Luckily there were some very nice people who helped carry Josh and me with the stroller on to the train.  We got some good seats and then watched the towns go by.  Josh enjoyed the train and for the most part sat in one of the two seats we had.  We waited until almost everyone was off the train before we got off and again a really nice lady helped us off.  We walked across the loop to Millennium Park.   I've never thought it was that interesting, but I guess for toddlers and tourists it's good.  It was a half hour walk from Ogilvy station.  It was a good cardio workout for a pregnant person...and my back hurt!  But luckily we arrived after rush hour so there weren't many people on the streets.  We checked out Cloud gate, aka the Bean.  At first, Josh wasn't too interested, so we sat down and had another snack, then he must have seen all the people taking pictures and he was ready to take some of his own pictures.

Josh taking our picture, this is a reflection



this shot was all Josh!
he always thinks he can catch the birds.  Even if he could, I'd be afraid what diseases they carry!

 Then we watched/waited for Crown Fountain to "erupt".  Both of these shots were taken by Josh.

Finally after about an hour of walking around and checking out the other parts of the park, we walked back.  I wouldn't normally have thought this was enough activity for Josh, but the excitement of the train and the fresh air must have worn him out.  He was very quiet on the way back...fussed when I tried to change his diaper and fell asleep in the hustle of the food court when I was ordering food to take back.  I got some yummy popcorn and sat to wait for the train.  We had some time to wait...but that was ok.  it was relaxing.  Someone helped us up on to the train and we got settled.  the only problem was that I had some trouble getting comfortable while holding Josh and he woke up...never did take a nap the rest of the day.  but I know he had fun and I was tired, so it was a good time.  Next time, I'll go with someone else and bring that umbrella stroller.

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF