Sunday, August 11, 2013

Joshua update

I suppose it would be good to write an update for Josh as well.  Josh usually wakes up after Caitlyn in the morning, in a good mood, though sometimes I have to wake him up for school or camp.  It is a daily struggle getting him dressed, though he can do it.  Cheerios and Chocolate milk is practically the only thing he wants for breakfast, though he will eat pancakes (and recently asked for the french toast we were eating) if he helps Jared make them.  If he's reminded and sometimes he remembers, he puts his dirty dishes on the counter.  Plays well with Caitlyn or independently though he is very rough.  Almost menacing.  I don't know where he gets that because he doesn't watch that kind of stuff on TV and no older siblings.  I doubt it's from camp or school, so I have to believe it is innate.  Love to jump and tumble on the couch.  Growl.  will get shoes on quickly for school or camp, but if we are running errands, it's a fight.  He can open the car himself and climb in, get the top buckles buckled, but the bottom is still to new-stiff.  He does remind me to buckle him...I hate to admit how often I forget to do it!  We've never driven off with him not buckled, so that is a credit to him.  He likes to play with his leap pad or magna doodle in the car, or take pictures with his old camera.  He usually walks slower than I know he can.  he enjoyed camp this summer, though like school it is impossible for me to get any information out of him regarding what he did that day.  At least at camp, Mrs. Weinstein would come out to tell us so we could have some idea how to chat with them!  When we get home, I try to make him bring something in, to help me and learn some responsibility, but it is often a fight there too.  During the school year, he was very good about putting his backpack and shoes away.  I htink because his camp bag was heavier with a lunch box, ice pack, change of clothes and wet towel, it was too much for him.  I guess we'll see how school year changes things.  While Caitlyn naps, Josh watches TV or a movie. Despicable Me was  a HUGE favorite this summer.  sometimes plays on the iPad.  WEdnesdays and various other days I've had a babysitter, so they will play as well.  I really have to fight with him to do his quiet time box.  If I am able to spend some time together, he asks for different things.  He's really good at Wii and sometimes likes to color.  Marbles sometimes.   His vocabulary is really growing and often I wonder if he hears phrases from camp or babysitters, or if he comes up with them himself.  I think he has a hard time tuning out background noise when I speak.  He does have some moments where he says things that are so intelligent, I am surprised and pleased.  When he gives me a hug or a kiss spontaneously, it's so great.  Lunch is often Peanut butter and jelly.  I try to get some variety in with a fruit leather or fruit snacks.  he doesn't seem to like craisins or apricots any more.  but we have been very surprised that he likes green apples, sliced only with the apple corer, no seeds present.  He'll sometimes eat carrots if they are slightly heated up.  For dinner chicken nuggets are always the favorite.  lately, he'll eat pork though too.  Loves to be read to at night.  Books do seem to tire him out, Jared usually puts him to bed.  When I do, though once he is in bed, we review our day.  Mostly it is me.  sometimes he has a few insights or random questions, but mostly he is tired.  Sleeps with the overhead fan, table fan on.  barely visible from under the covers with the lamp on.

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF