Tuesday, December 17, 2019

House Update Part 2:Upstairs

What did you think of the changes we made downstairs?  Wasn't the living room amazing?!

Well, onward and upward!
Josh's Room



I don't think anything has changed, except for how much stuff he has.  I won't embarrass him, but the drawers are stuffed and things are everywhere. I think the kids' rooms are the next painting project we will probably take on. When we freshen things up, at least with painting the trim, I'll be able to see things more clearly.  Perhaps a new bed (black single) and some more closed storage will make this room feel fit for a TEENAGER! 

Caitlyn's Room


Nothing has changed in here either, except also more stuff.  We did move her dresser out of her closet. I made some changes in my closet which left us with an extra shelf, which we installed in her closet, so we moved the dresser out of the closet.  It's where she displays her growing LEGO collection.  We keep the upstairs cooler at night, and she likes having that extra blanket, but otherwise, same deal as Josh: paint, single bed, better organization, declutter!!!! And also a floating shelf for her LEGO collection



Kids/Hall Bath

We did install a privacy film on the window in here but broke the blinds, so it seems darker.

Guest Room


This is the only room that is LESS blue because the bedding has been pilfered to supply other rooms! Josh took the blanket for his top bunk and the pillows got swapped when we updated our bedroom. I forgot to stage this room so the luggage rack and table aren't out, but they are still in the room.

Master Bedroom

This is the room that I'm most excited to share with you!  Over Thanksgiving, we painted our room and the hallway to our en suite.  We painted walls yes, and trim of course, but we also had to paint the CEILING.  The pictures don't do it justice, I think I had the flash off, but it is SO.MUCH.BRIGHTER in this room now!  Can you tell I am excited?!  We put in different blinds as well as took out the crossings in the windows.  We placed artwork in different, intentional places rather than the haphazard locations we had it before.  


I had found pillow shams on deep discount a couple of months ago, so those are new.  A few other pillows from other places around the house update the look.  I'd still like to change the wall sconces to something modern, and black. The hanging ceiling fan is also brass, but that requires a ladder-situation AND electrical at the same time, so we haven't done that yet.

If you look back above, we also had to paint the doors on Jared's closet in the hallway.  With the living room dentil molding and the trim in this room, I got to play with a new toy: a paint sprayer! We changed the hardware on all the doors as well.

Nothing has changed in our bathroom, that's down the road, but I can't wait till I have cabinets that come up to my waist and better storage!  

Jared's Office

I guess we had updated this room over a year ago too, since not much looks different.  He's acquired more memorabilia from his favorite sports teams, and I got a chair to sit in for myself!


Oh, and there's a TV now too! The kids often watch 1 show after they are in PJs. Right now it's the Mandalorian, is anyone else watching that?
My Closet
Before


In a "Stage 1" type renovation, I tried to make my closet function more as a dressing room with zones, so I've been playing around with more storage options.  I even took OUT that shelf I mentioned while in Caitlyn's closet, so that I could have a wall with a mirror.  I think the set up is good, and I hope someday I can get wardrobes to make this space look even prettier and use the height of the room better as well.  Even above the tall boots, is a lot of space, which would be useful for dresses and double-hanging. I don't have super a lot of clothes since I use a capsule wardrobe, so the shelf has not been missed one bit. I don't feel closed in, I can hang out in here!!

Shoe Zone
Clothing Zone
Accessory Zone
   Below the necklaces and belts is a storage ottoman for my PJs and workout clothes, and also I can sit and put my clothes and shoes on.


Well I hope you liked that update.  Next up on the to do list: Powder Room, Kids bedrooms, Guest Room, then to finish the basement! Perhaps after all that, I can get my laundry/mudroom updated??? Ah it never ends...

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF