Thursday, October 6, 2011

Chicago Botanic Garden, Again

We have had some beautiful weather.  My original intention for this day was to visit the Morton Arboretum.  We had been talking about the colors leaves change in autumn in school this week.  Though we can see a lot of leaves changing colors in our subdivision and on the road as we are going places, I thought the Arboretum would be over the top, seeing as it IS all about trees.  We get reciprocal admission because of our botanic gardens membership, but I COULD NOT find our membership cards. *  So, last minute I decide to go to the Gardens, figuring it would be nice there too.

Josh was so happy after he got dressed in the morning, he wanted me to take his picture.  Perhaps because Frog was also dressed ready to go.

Then he got himself dressed to go outside, in full IU Red.  I swear he did this all on his own.

I guess there was some fall colors with the yellow mums.

I guess we have been to the gardens enough times that Josh knew we  should get a map.  I had passed by the maps and he insisted we go back in to the visitor center to get a map.

we caught a rainbow in the spray from the fountain
we watched the ducks
 We spent most of our time at the train exhibit, though.



*Hey moms, how do you organize/keep your membership cards handy

No comments:

Print

Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF